Apple’s iTunes is now divided into three categories. This includes Music, Podcast & finally Apple TV. If you are familiar with iTunes, you will find it more comfortable to use Apple’s Music app on your Mac.
Playing Music through the Music app
- Go to your Dock and launch the “Music” app.
- Once you navigate your cursor to any of the album or a playlist, it will automatically convert into a play button.
- Press it.
- Tap on any of the playlists you wish to play on your Mac.
- Hover on any of the “track number” or “album art” and then tap the play button indicated on the track number.
Playing Apple Music in Music Application
- Simply launch the “Music” app. The same could be navigated on the Dock or your Applications folder.
- Then hit the “For you” option to view all the suggested, referred, and the recently played albums.
- Now tap the “Browse” button to open the latest trending and popular lists of various playlists.
- Then click the “Radio” button located on the sidebar to listen to all the “live” as well as “recorded beats”.
- If you press the “Featured” option located inside the radio, it will show you the highlighted beats provided by Apple. It also offers featured radio channels and the recently played content.
- Tap the beat category, which you wish to listen to.
- Then hit the “Stations” option to view all the available channels of Music Radio.
- Next, click on the “+” signed button present on any playlist, album or song in order to add it to your library.
Looking for music library in Apple Music
- Go to the Dock and open the “Music” app.
- Hit the “Recently Added” option located inside the sidebar in order to see various albums and songs which you’ve added to the songs library. It doesn’t include any of the playlists.
- Now press the “Artists’ option to launch it from the music library.
- Select as many options as you wish.
- Then you have to hit the “Albums” option situated within the music sidebar to launch the song library.
- Then tap on the “Songs” option in order to see and listen to all your Music which you want.
- A list of all the songs is sorted in the sidebar. Tap any of the playlists to listen to the song of your choice.
Importing songs in Apple Music app
- First of all, go to your Application Folder or the Dock.
- Hit the “Music” app to launch it.
- Now press the “File” menu.
- Then hit the “Import” option.
- Next, you have to select the file or your desired folder that you wish to upload.
- Now tap the “Open” button.