People working in the field of manufacturing plastic parts must be aware of the China Plastic Injection Molding service molding because it is one of the easiest and efficient ways to build strong and durable plastic products, that too on large scales. However, just like other manufacturing methods, injection molding also has some drawbacks. That’s why this method is not always the best choice for the production of plastic parts. Let’s explore the key advantages and disadvantages of this method so that you can understand whether you should go for China Plastic Injection Molding services of China Casting Orlando or not.
Choosing the right manufacturing method is always the key to success. However, it can be a bit difficult for you to choose the best one from all available alternatives. But when you know the advantage as well as disadvantages of plastic injection molding, you can easily decide whether you should choose this manufacturing method or not.
Let’s first explore the advantages of this process:
- Since it is a fast way to build plastic parts, it is suitable for production on a large scale. So, if you are required to conduct manufacturing in lakhs or more, then injection molding will be a good alternative.
- With China Plastic Injection Molding, it is quite easy to build plastic parts having intricate designs on them. Basically, this method is used for the production of flawless parts with complete perfection.
- Injection molding offers great flexibility, allowing you to use different materials as well as different colors. Thus, it is a great way to produce fancy plastic parts as well.
- There will be no waste material because it can be reused and can also be recycled if needed. Thus, the overall manufacturing cost is very low, especially when the production is done on a large scale.
Now, let’s have a look at the major drawbacks of this method, in order find out such situations when conventional injection molding is not the best alternative.
- The initial tooling cost is very high with plastic injection molding. This is the reason why we don’t recommend this method for production on small scales. This is the only main drawback of this manufacturing method.
- Another common concern with normal injection molding is that the end products are heavy. However, it is not a big issue because lightweight parts are needed only in limited fields.